- 100wt silk thread 200m spools
- 100wt silk thread spool collections
- 100wt silk thread 1000yd cones
- Silk Sparkle
- Variegated 100wt Silk 200m spools
- 50wt silk thread - 100m spools
- Soft Touch - 250 yards
- Cotton quilting thread - 400 yards
- Variegated cotton quilting - 400 yards
- Cotton quilting thread - 1000 yards
- Clear tubes for YLI spools
YLI 100% Silk Thread Spools
Have you tried this yet? It is my favourite thread for hand appliqué. The 100wt thread is so fine it disappears into the fabric. There are 200 meters on each spool.
If you want to save a bit of money consider buying a YLI silk thread spool collection, Elly Sienkiewicz and Pat Campbell have put together tubes of seven spools for the a good discount. Or you can buy an assorted collection of five neutral colours which could take care of all your appliqué needs.
Want to know how to use YLI silk thread? Try the free illustrated tutorial with step by step instructions - How to Appliqué.
This thread is 100% filament silk, 2 ply, tex 12, 124 denier. Use Microtex 70/11, or embroidery 75/11 needles in your sewing machine. If you are not using the silk in your bobbin then use 50 or 60wt cotton.
Please note: IT IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH FOR STRINGING PEARLS OR MAKING JEWELRY.
Actual spool dimensions are 1¼" high by 1¼" wide.
To compare colors download the YLI thread chart:
Click on image to see larger picture